Data Destruction Services
Security you can trust
Secure Data Destruction and Eradication
There are lots of questions that arise during the sale and process of used IT equipment that stores sensitive corporate, personal, health, financial or other sensitive data.
How sensitive is your data? Can I degauss the data? Should I overwrite the data? Does the Storage device need to be destroyed after data eradication? Is my data safe?
We understand your concerns. We know the legal and regulatory implications if your data is not properly handled.
Degaussing, popularly known as bulk erasing, permanently erases all data from magnetic storage media by deleting, formatting and controlling the information on the track. Hard drive degaussing exposes equipment to a powerful magnetic field to ensure removal of data from the media. This method is perfect for small and medium-sized business that are looking for a budget-friendly way to destroy old hard drives and media tapes.
What can be degaussed:
- 3480, 3490e, 4mm, 8mm, DLT, SDLT, video, and round reel tape can be degaussed.
- Media is then tested / certified for re-package.
What cannot be degaussed:
- Hard Drives, optical disks, 3592, T10K, LTO, 3590, 9840, 9940, and T-10000 cannot be degaussed.
- Degaussing these media types destroys the servo track(s).
- Certification requires data destruction using specialized equipment and/or overwrites.
Secure Data Erasure
Looking for a way to securely erase data, but still retain the physical hard drive? Drive erasure is perfect for businesses that have off-lease equipment or hard drives for reuse, redeployment or high remarking value. Hard drive data destruction via data wiping software is one of the most efficient ways of erasing recorded information from IT assets. Data erasure software records information such as: drive size, unit serial numbers, processor speed etc., and provided a database record of all units it erases. The erasure process delivers results that are not only documented, but fully auditable.Learn More About Hard Drive Erasure
Physical Data Destruction
Physical destruction guarantees that your information is irretrievable. We use top of the line shredders to streamline the process as shredding is the most secure and cost-effective way to dispose of all types of storage media. All data destruction is conducted at either our secure location or we can send an onsite shredder. As a result, our clients are insulated from exposure to legal liabilities or loss of corporate assets.Learn More About Physical Data Destruction
We provide years of experience in secure data eradication
Our data destruction methods are fully compliant with the following legal and regulatory frameworks:
- Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Computer Matching and Privacy Protection Act
- Computer Security Act
- Sarbanes Oxley regulations (SOX)
- Payment Card Information (PCI)
- Department of Defense standards (DoD)