Have you or someone you know been wondering how to sell LTO 8 tapes? That’s what we’re here for. Rather than building an inventory of surplus tapes around the workplace, We can help you sell LTO 8 tapes quickly and at fair market value. The largest organizations in the world rely on tape backup for archiving, disaster recovery, and even cloud backup as their data requirements grow exponentially.
We Buy IBM
We Buy Quantum
- LTO-8 Capacity: Up to 30 TB compressed 2.5:1 12 TB
- LTO-8 Speed: Up to 900 MB/s compressed 360 MB/s
- Data compression: SLDC (LTO data compression per ECMA-
- LTO-8 cartridge: LTO-8 (rewritable) LTO-8 Cleaning cartridge: LTO Universal Cleaning Cartridge (UCC)
- Backwards Compatibility: Read/write LTO-7
- Encryption: AES256-GCM (256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard)LTO-8
Benefits of LTO 8 Tape
The LTO (Linear Tape Open) Ultrium 8 Tape highlights 65-years of industry research and development. LTO tape technology is the only open, non-proprietary tape technology. Interchangeability of tape media and drives is guaranteed from all LTO manufacturers to allow freedom of choice for end users.
Capacity and Performance
LTO 8 doubles the volume form the previous LTO 7 tape drive to 30TB. The data drive has 30TB compressed and 12TB native. According to industry experts, the new tape drive has faster data access times as well, with speeds up to 360MB/s. The new LTO 8 is also backward compatible with LTO 7 data tape.
Cost of Ownership
While the price of disk is dropping, it still can’t beat tape in price per gigabyte. And the LTO-8 drives the price down even further. The cost of ownership per terabyte is the lowest of any type of storage. Most high-end tapes can store up to 15TB and can be held in third-party locations at a fraction of the cost of cheapest cloud-storage solutions.
Being a physical media that can be kept under lock and key provides one layer of security. However, beyond locking away cartridges when not in use, encryption and Write-Once-Read-Many (WORM) functionalities are providing users with deeper levels of data protection.
Not satisfied with relying solely on security, tape engineers have also kept pace with performance. Tape data rates are expected to be as much as five times faster than hard disk drives by 2025. This is great news for users whose archives include data from the Internet and big data analytics. Moreover, the lifespan is in excess of 30 years as opposed to hard drives.
HOW CAN I SELL MY LTO8 TAPES?
- Send us your list. (include Brand, Quantity, and Condition).
- Our data supply experts will audit your LTO 8 tapes and make you a confidential , no obligation offer.
- We pay shipping! (Including labels, trucks, and other security measures).
- At our secure facility, tapes are held under 24-hour surveillance.
- Tapes are inspected and erased 100% of data.
- Certificate of Data Destruction provided along with payment.
See the List of LTO8 Tapes We Purchase Below
|Q2078A||HP||LTO-8 HP Ultrium 12/30TB Data Cartridge||New and Used|
|Q2078AN||HP||LTO-8 HP Ultrium 12/30TB Tape with Non-Custom Labels (20-pk)||New and Used|
|Q2078AL||HP||LTO-8 HP Ultrium 12/30TB Tape with Custom Barcode Labels (20-pk)||New and Used|
|Q2078AC||HP||LTO-8 HP Ultrium 12/30TB Tape Library Pack (20-pk)||New and Used|
|Q2078W||HP||LTO-8 HP Ultrium 12/30TB WORM Data Cartridge||New and Used|
|MRL8MQN-01||Quantum||LTO-8 Quantum Ultrium 12/30TB Data Cartridge||New and Used|
|MRL8MQN-BC||Quantum||LTO-8 Quantum Ultrium 12/30TB Data Cartridge Barcode Labeled||New and Used|
|MRL8MQN-03||Quantum||LTO-8 Quantum Ultrium 12/30TB Data Cartridge||New and Used|
|MRL8MQN-20||Quantum||LTO-8 Quantum Ultrium 12/30TB Data Cartridge Library Pack||New and Used|
|01PL041||IBM||LTO-8 IBM Ultrium 12/30TB Data Cartridge||New and Used|
|OV-LTO901805||Overland||LTO-8 Overland Ultrium 12/30TB Data Cartridge||New and Used|